New Leaf Ventures to acquire High Profile
December 21, 2022 By Grow Opportunity Staff
(Globe Newswire) Vancouver — New Leaf Ventures Inc. has entered into an amalgamation agreement with High Profile Holdings Corp. pursuant to which New Leaf has agreed to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of High Profile by way of a statutory three-cornered amalgamation.
High Profile is a retail-focused private British Columbia cannabis company, offering premium cultivated products and elevated retail presence with its store-within-a-store activations. The acquisition is expected to provide multiple operational synergies and accelerate the company’s entry into the Canadian legal market by leveraging High Profile’s top-tier genetic library, seasoned operating team and access to top-performing Canadian markets.
Their commitment to quality and consistent products with innovative strains should be well received and we are excited to launch in the coming months.
Pursuant to the amalgamation agreement:
- New Leaf will issue 0.052548929 of a common share for each issued and outstanding common share of High Profile, and the common shares of High Profile will be cancelled, resulting in the issuance of approximately 10,000,000 common shares as total transaction consideration.
- High Profile will amalgamate with a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Leaf under the Business Corporations Act and the amalgamated entity will continue as a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Leaf under the name “High Profile Holdings Cannabis Corp.”
- The common shares issued to the former High Profile shareholders will be subject to a 24-month lock-up schedule, with 10 per cent released from lock-up on closing of the acquisition, 15 per cent released six months from closing, 20 per cent released 12 months from closing, 25 per cent released 18 months from closing and the remaining 30 per cent released 24 months from closing.
- Outstanding share purchase warrants of High Profile will remain outstanding on closing and will remain exercisable to acquire common shares in accordance with their adjustment provisions.
- High Profile will be entitled to nominate one director for appointment to the New Leaf board of directors, subject to approval of the Canadian Securities Exchange.
Completion of the acquisition is subject to shareholder approval for the acquisition by the shareholders of High Profile, as well as receipt of regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. High Profile is expected to hold a shareholder meeting to seek approval for the acquisition in early January, 2023.
Print this page
- Delta 9 announces changes to board of directors
- CannaPharmaRx receives cultivation license, projects 2023 revenue over $30 million